Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Origin Story

Greetings and salutations, citizens! I am Couchman, and welcome to my little corner of the internet! I don't know if you sought this out of your own free will, or simply stumbled upon it through luck, but I'm sure you're wondering what exactly this is. For that, I shall explain it by way of the 5 W's.

Who:
Why, I am Couchman, most comfortable of all super heroes! Well… I say super heroes, but truth be told, I have yet to perform any real super heroics. But that is part of the purpose of this blog (I’ll get into that later)! I gained my powers of incredible comfort in a horrible accident involving a radioactive couch. For the benefit of the faint of heart, I shall not go into details.



                       Like this, only glowing with the power of at least a dozen microwaves!


What:
This is a blog of course! Surely you’re familiar with the concept! But the topic of this blog is going to primarily be comics. Why comics? Well, the main reason is that comic reading is a recently acquired hobby of mine, and one that almost none of my friends share. So, I’m seeking an audience to discuss comics with. However, I do plan on branching out beyond comics. Other topics I plan on covering include movies and TV (mainly ones based on comic characters), games (primarily tabletop games), and the occasional novel.

Where:
You’re here already! However, you can also connect with Couchman on Facebook and Twitter.

When:
I will be updating weekly, on Thursday afternoons/evenings. Why Thursdays? Well, new comic day is Wednesdays, and once I get through all of the things I currently own that I want to review, I plan on discussing my newly acquired comics.

Why:
Well, as I said earlier, I’ve only recently started reading comics, and I want to discuss them with people. But I also alluded to something about super heroics. I started reading comics because they are in many ways the legends, myths, and fairy tales of our age. Such stories frequently acted as morality tales, trying to instill values into others. There is a lot of darkness in our world, and it is a comfort reading about people using their tremendous powers for the betterment of mankind. Many heroes represent ideals I hope to live up to.

There you have it, folks, the pertinent information about this whole deal! I am still figuring things out regarding the look and functionality of the page, so bear with me. Constructive criticism and help is of course welcome, and encouraged! What follows is a list of reviews I’m planning. The order they’re in now is not necessarily the order which I’m going to do them. Got any suggestions for content you want to see? Let me know, I’m always willing to listen to suggestions!


Ms. Marvel (current series)
Superior Spider-Man (full series, multiple updates)
Thor: God of Thunder (full series, multiple updates)
Supernatural: Origins
Wolverine and Hercules
Captain Britain

Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
Spectacular Spider-Man
Man of Steel


A Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic let’s play

For now, that is all. Until next week!

4 comments:

  1. What no plans for Scott Snyder's Batman? Also, I saw Linkara do a retweet to your latest review, and since you are sort of doing the same thing that I am doing on my blog, I decided to check this out.

    Saw the post dealing with Superior Spider-Man #26-27 and I liked it. I am gonna check out the rest of the blog now, hope you have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only pretty recently read anything from Scott Snyder's Batman. I did thoroughly enjoy it, and I am strongly considering doing a review of what I have read.

      Thanks for reading, hop you like the rest of the stuff!

      Delete
    2. I do, and enjoy your reviews of Superior Spider-Man despite my distaste of the character. Also, I am reminded, thanks to your review, that I need to check Simone's Red Sonja.

      Delete
    3. Her Red Sonja is one of the most entertaining comics I've ever read. I need to do a review of more issues.

      Delete